.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Who's The Boss?

Company Retreat: Well, I missed the big presidential briefing the other day at Touchy Feely, but I caught a glimpse of the prez as he and his entourage toured the plant, occasionally chuckling about something. It's always a delight to hear overpaid people laugh.

As Seen on TV (Good): The first two new episodes of The Office were very enjoyable, especially the episode concerning the unfortunate outing of Oscar. The kiss at the end was so painfully awkward and wrong on so many levels, but brilliantly funny. Definitely a show firing on all cylinders. Plus Jenna Fischer is a sweetie!

As Seen on TV (Feh): I wasn't too impressed by the second episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I enjoyed some of the dialogue and it does have a great cast, but it didn't really grab me. For some reason, I can't buy Amanda Peet as a network president and most of the scenes felt too stagy for my taste. I never got enthralled by Aaron Sorkin's The West Wing and I think that's going to be true about Studio 60, too.

Credit where Credit is Due: Special thanks to Nick Grove for being my TiVo man!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home