.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Unanswered Questions

Wishful Thinking: It would be nice if vaudeville was still around so I could ditch my dead end job and travel on the circuit with my highly acclaimed penguin act.

Mix Tape: Just the other day I was listening to The Flaming Lips and Jimmy Durante at my dead end job and I came to the conclusion Durante could have done a great version of "Do You Realize?" if he was still around.

Mr. Big Stuff: Just the other day at my dead end job, I had the privilege to attend a meeting with The Head Honcho. It is a custom for The HH to schedule meetings with his underlings to discuss company matters and to hear some feedback. These things happen every year and the only positive thing that usually comes out of it is that you get to kill an hour while still being on the clock (Emphasis on the word kill). Anyway, this year's pow wow basically covered the same old ground and the only thing that kept my interest was counting the times a fellow employee said "uh huh" after every statement The HH uttered. I'm afraid I did not actually write the exact total down, but, for the sake of argument, let's say 756 times.

At the end of The HH's spiel, he opened the floor for questions. In times past, this usually yields dead silence, but this year there were some actual questions from some new employees. Not interesting questions, mind you, but questions none the less. I, of course, say nothing. That doesn't mean I don't have questions though, because I have plenty. They include Why is my salary so lousy?, Why does the company treat its employees so shabbily?, Why do you put people who couldn't successfully manage a lemonade stand in charge of things?, and the list goes on. I would love to ask all of my questions, but my current need for employment stifles the urge.

Austin City Limits:




Tim sent me some photos of his new place and it looks pretty nice. From the photo above, you couldn't really tell it exists in Texas. It's the type of house you could see around Muncie if you looked hard enough. All of my former roommates seem to be settling in nicely. Tim and Brad actually got the chance to be extras in a movie this past Monday and it sounded like it was a great experience for them. They got two meals, seventy-five dollars, and a new haircut (Well, at least, Tim did). As for Eric, he was watching his Newradio dvds the last time I spoke with him. More news is sure to follow!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home