.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Following the Exodus

The moving is over! Too bad I can't say the same about the unpacking. And remember in my last post when I wrote that the big move should take "two or three hours at the most"? Boy, was I way off base on that! It took all day and I'm still recovering from it.

As for going to Texas, it didn't happen for me. There just wasn't enough room for me to go. Brad's TV set ended up taking my spot in the Hoosier caravan. Plus I had second thoughts about traveling with my former Group Homies to their new home in Austin. It would have been a lot of fun to go down, but the trip back would have been too sad for me. Leaving them in Austin with the beginnings of their new lives while I came back to Muncie to my old one is still too depressing to contemplate.

Despite some minor car trouble, everybody made it early Sunday (September 3, for those keeping track) morning to their hacienda on Meadow Creek. From all reports, their new digs are pretty nice and the neighbors seem friendly enough. Tim and Eric promised to send some photos of the place and I'll probably post one when they do.

As for me, I'm still sorting everything out, trying to figure out what goes where and where goes what. I have decided I have way too much clutter in my life and hopefully I can get rid of some the things I no longer need. Figuring out what stays and what goes may take a bit though.

I've been off work for a week and I have to go back later today. I can't really say I'm looking forward to it at the moment, but, since I have to make some cash to throw at my credit card debt, I really have no choice in the matter. I wish I had the courage to do what Tim, Brad, and Eric have done, but that just isn't in the cards for the moment. But who knows what next week will bring?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home