.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Move This! Copy That! Totem!

Moving Right Along: For the last few weeks, whenever the thought of moving crossed my mind, I kept telling myself that I didn't want to think about it. However, with three weeks left, I'm afraid I'm going to have to think about it now. Dang it.

Cool News: This past Saturday I recorded some voiceover work for a 30 second commercial for Insight Media. It was for a kid-friendly establishment called That Fun Place. In the spot, I did the voice for a pirate, a parrot, and a monkey. I also read the copy in my best announcer voice.

I've been wanting to do some voiceover work for a long time and it was great to finally get a chance to do it. The recording process took an hour or so to do with Tim providing expert direction. Nailing some of the lines was a little harder than I thought. With only thirty seconds to play with, the reading of the copy had to be quick yet precise, annunciating the keywords with the proper punch. Overall, I think it went pretty well. Hopefully, there will be other opportunities to pursue more voiceover work in the near future. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

And thanks again, Tim, for showing me the way! What the hell am I going to do without you?

Just for the Record:


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home