.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Politically Corrected

Election Results: I don't know about anybody else, but I was very pleased with the outcome of this year's elections. It was great to see the Bush administration finally getting its comeuppance from the American voters and I hope Karl Rove is still choking on his own bile. The resignation of Donald Rumsfeld was also an added bonus. I don't now how a Democratically controlled Congress will play out in the long run, but I hope they provide the proper oversight the current administration deserves and needs.

As for my voting experience, my polling place was fairly busy when I walked in. There was a line and I stood in it for about twenty-five minutes or so. Most of my fellow voters were elderly with one man practically comatose. Between them and the elderly volunteers, the place almost resembled a nursing home. The actual voting didn't take that long and I found the touch screen voting system fairly easy to use.

No News is No News: Well, it's been a number of weeks since my audition at The Muncie Civic and I haven't heard anything back from them. I'm presuming that means I didn't get a part which is okay. You can't win them all. I think there is another round of auditions occurring this Saturday and I'm currently debating if I'll attend them or not. Something to think about, I guess.

Back Home Again in Indiana: Tim came back to Muncie Monday and I had some breakfast with him yesterday. As always, it is good to see him and to hear about his experiences in Austin. He just finished working as a grip for an independent film and it sounds like he learned a lot on set. It's nice to know his dream to work in the movie business is actually coming true and hopefully he'll have more opportunities awaiting for him when he returns to Texas!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home