.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Spacey, But Not Kevin Spacey

A couple of weekends ago, I journeyed to Columbus, Ohio for the big S.P.A.C.E. show with The Brothers Dalton (John and Eric) and I think I can safely say we all had a good time! The trip there and back seemed to race by with good conversation. We talked about public access television, microcinema, gaming, zines, and comic books. In other words, all of the important topics that truly matter in life!


Me and The Candid Cartoonist, Larned Justin

Once at the show, we encountered a giant room filled with a wide variety of creative folks and I quickly began to assemble a hardy bundle of swag that I'm still working my way through. It was great to see some of my small press friends (Larned Justin, Nik Havert) and to interact with some of my favorite cartoonists (Pam Bliss, Matt Feazell).


Me and one of my heroes, Pam Bliss

My goal for the show was to pick up all of the new material from some of my favorite creators and to sample the work of people I wasn't too familiar with. Looking through the pile of goodness I had purchased, I think my mission was accomplished (No banner necessary)!


While at the show, I also handed out copies of a digest containing some of the best Funky Idiots strips to the unsuspecting public. If you're interested in picking up a copy, just click HERE!

My thanks to John and Eric for letting me tagalong on their trip! Oh, and thanks for the pictures, too, John!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home