.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Desperately Seeking Studio

Snow Day 2: Got another day off from Touchy Feely, thanks to the aftermath of the big snow. Like Tuesday, I called and nobody answered at the lab. Actually, I did get the answering machine that huskily announced "Message Full". Despite the county snow emergency, I eventually braved the roads to get something to eat and they weren't that bad so I'm thinking my snow day streak is about to end. Oh, well, it was nice while it lasted.

Something Cool, Something Sad: Earlier this week I received an e-mail from a teacher. Apparently she was setting up some field trips for her students and she wondered if it was possible for them to visit my studio and if I could discuss the ins and outs of being a professional cartoonist. Well, since I have no studio and I'm currently far from being a professional cartoonist, I had to write her back and tell her I wasn't exactly what she was looking for. Tough break all around.

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!: My cousin Tim worked as an extra in last night's episode of Friday Night Lights. He was one of the football players. I think this was the third episode that he actually worked on, but I couldn't tell if he got any screen time or not. From what Tim has told me, being an extra for the show doesn't pay much, but they do feed him well, he's learning how an actual TV show operates, and he's read some good books between takes. Here's a fun tidbit: After a night shoot, a bus full of football player extras broke into a sing along involving songs from Rent and High School Musical.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home