.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Sunday, February 26, 2006

That Sort of Thing

Someone at work the other day called me "sort-of a cartoonist". Yup, that's me.

Play rehearsals are about to wind down as we get closer to our opening on Friday (a.k.a. "March 3"). Marty, our director, told us to be louder and faster. Okay.

You probably can't tell it from this here blog thing, but I buy, read, and frequently enjoy comic books. I guess you can say I'm a comic book collector ("Sort of"). I bought two comics from Bob's Comic Castle yesterday. One was Legion of Super-Heroes # 15 and the other was Polly and the Pirates #4. Legion had a couple of nice elements about it and featured characters from the Legion's past incarnations, but generally felt feh. Polly, on the other hand, continues to be a winning mini-series starring a very proper girl coming to terms with pirates from her mother's past. The story and art by Ted Naifeh are inspiring to this "sort-of a cartoonist" and I'm looking forward to the next issue.
 
I'm not really known for my critical analysis.

It was sad to hear about the death of Don Knotts. I don't think nobody would dispute that he was a comic genius and that his Barney Fife is one of the greatest TV characters. Mark Evanier and Something Old each have something interesting to say about the comic Don.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home