.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Brush Up Your Shakespeare

Well, what a difference a week makes! Just last week I was unemployed, filling my life with lengthy naps and Law and Order reruns. Now I'm back at Touchy Feely Fotos, learning new things and trying to memorize my lines for a play I just stepped into. Yes, I'm in a new play! I just recently assumed the role of Snout in the Muncie
Civic's upcoming production
of A Midsummer Night's Dream. It's my first Shakespearian experience and I'm so glad I have such a small part! I do not envy any of the actors (Hello, Judy and Jerry!) who have to memorize pages and pages of the Bard's verse. Elizabethan English is one tricky feat that isn't easy on the tongue!

Despite coming in late, the rehearsals haven't been that bad and I'm learning my lines. My memorization method? Repeat, repeat, and more repeat! If that sounds boring, it is, but it works. The show opens two weeks from tonight so I'll be repeating myself for days to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home