.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Friday, August 01, 2014

Sunday's Comic Haul (7/27/14)

Groo
 
Dead Boy Detectives #7
 
Deadly Class #5
 
Groo Vs. Conan #1
 
The Goon: Occasion of Revenge #1
 
Tuki #1
 
Purchased at Bob's Comic Castle. Total amount: $18 and change
 
Notes- A very good haul this past weekend! Deadly Class still impresses me and Tuki has some wonderfully lush artwork from Jeff Smith. It's a tie! Both Class and Tuki are the winners of this haul with Groo a close runner-up!
 
Groo was created by Sergio Aragones.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Maybe we should have a Draw Groo Day?

    By Blogger Postmaster, at 6:06 AM  

  • Anything is possible! Expect another drawaday announcement soon!

    By Blogger Tom, at 7:49 AM  

  • I found Groo vs. Conan to be a lot more enjoyable than I expected. Kind of has a "Fanboy" vibe, and seeing [SPOILER] that Sergio and Mark had parts in the comic clinched the sale for me!

    By Blogger SmearySoapboxPress, at 9:43 PM  

  • Dale, you're right about the "Fanboy" vibe in GvC! I felt it, too. As for the appearances of Sergio and Mark, they are always appreciated. To be honest, if Sergio wanted to make a comic series based on his day to day life, I would gladly buy it! Plus I enjoyed Tom Yeates's artwork. It's been a bit since I encountered his work. I always enjoyed his pencils on SWAMP THING and TIME SPIRITS way back in the '8os!

    By Blogger Tom, at 5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home