.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Thursday, June 12, 2014

12 for 12

1. Saturday is my birthday. I'll be turning 45.

2. My laptop appears to be on its last days. Tonight it took me over an hour to get the damn thing started for some reason. It is six years old so I guess that might be a good reason. I don't know how much longer it will be functional so I guess I need to start finding a replacement. Does anybody know a place that still sells laptops with phone modems?

3. Yes, I still use dial-up. The Amish are outpacing me.

4. My grandma just got me a birthday card with a twenty dollar bill tucked inside. She's a dear, sweet lady!

5. Of course, if I get a new laptop, I'll also probably need a new scanner/printer. Ugh.

6. I recently bought the complete series of The Bob Newhart Show because I love the show and I like to pretend I have more money than I do.
 
7. I'm currently writing a script about a corporate retreat. Never been to one so I'll be making it up as I go. Write what you know? Not on my watch!

8. So how many Star Wars movies is Disney planning on making? And why does the very thought make me queasy?

9. Our recent "prime time" run of Tom Cherry's Old Time Radio Show was a bust, but we did just get a paying gig in August. We'll be on the road again!

10. Sorry to hear about the passing of Ann B. Davis. My favorite Alice memory? Her dancing the hustle on that Brady Bunch variety show. Ann B. Davis could boogie!
 
11. At work, a voice comes over the P.A. to praise people for their positive attitudes. Apparently there is no love for us folks with a negative attitude, the people who hate their jobs and yet gets the damn job done.

12. Although I'm not Jewish, I'm having my bar mizvah on my birthday this Saturday in hopes of doubling my gifts. That and maybe I'll finally become a man!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • Are we going to get a 45 item list on Saturday?

    By Blogger Postmaster, at 5:56 AM  

  • No. Probably not. It was hard enough coming up with these 12!

    By Blogger Tom, at 5:13 AM  

  • Happy belated birthday, Tom - hope it was terrific!

    Good luck on your laptop search; I recently went through the same thing, and it was a tough transition to make. In fact, I'm still using my old one until I can find a page layout program to replace PageMaker. I still use it whenever I set up my books for print...

    By Blogger SmearySoapboxPress, at 10:21 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Tom, at 3:03 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Tom, at 3:04 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Tom, at 3:05 AM  

  • Thanks, Dale! It was a great birthday this year! As for my laptop, it keeps chugging along thankfully so the search for its replacement is on hold for the time being, but I'm sure I'll be looking in the near future.

    By Blogger Tom, at 3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home