.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Thursday, June 05, 2014

My Recent Comic Haul (6/1/14)

Edwin
 
Dead Boy Detectives #6
 
Larfleeze #11
 
She-Hulk #3
 
Purchased at Bob's Comic Castle. Total amount: $9.60
 
Notes- I'm really liking She-Hulk at the moment. Javier Pulido's art is fantastic and Charles Soule's writing is fun and fitting for the character. Plus one of my favorite Marvel characters, Patsy Walker a.k.a. Hellcat, has a good supporting role as Jen Walters's private investigator. After FF wrapped up, I never thought I would have another Marvel comic on my pull list and now I have two (For the curious, Silver Surfer is the other one)!...Larfleeze is one issue away from being cancelled and I have to admit I won't really miss it much. It's a silly, little romp for the most part with an one-note character, but I enjoy the writing combo of Giffen and DeMatteis and Scott Kolins is one of the few current DC artists who knows how to draw. It's a lightweight book and I can see why it doesn't pull in the readers. But I will give them bonus points for reintroducing G'nort to the New 52 and basically keeping him the same as always (And, yes, that is a good thing!)...It's a small haul, but She-Hulk wins it!
 
Edwin Paine was created by Neil Gaiman, Matt Wagner, and Malcolm Jones III.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Somehow, three comics doesn't really seem to fit the meaning of the word "haul"...

    By Blogger Postmaster, at 5:47 AM  

  • Picky picky, Postmaster!

    By Blogger Tom, at 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home