.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Idiot Box

Well, the Emmys certainly sucked. I never knew I could hate the cast and crew of Everybody Loves Raymond so passionately until last Sunday night. It's my own fault I guess. I shouldn't even try to watch the big telecast when I know they so rarely award quality shows and performances. I mean when a ham like William Shatner can win two years in a roll while a brilliant actor like Ian McShane gets snubbed, you have to wonder about the "arts" in the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Maybe Arrested Development's big win last year gave me hope that the Emmys could actually award the best of the best. However, I got my reality check Sunday when I was sadly reminded the so-called Academy prefers to hand out their trinkets to dinosaur poop.



On a more positive note, I received two new comic books from Dale Martin last Thursday and that is certainly a good thing! I think I have previously mentioned somewhere about how much I love Dale's comics and, if I have not, let me state for the record that I love Dale Martin's comic books! Dale's work is always top notch fun and his latest material does not disappoint.

One of the comics Dale sent me was the newest issue of Watusi the Talking Dog, a collection of jam comics that occasionally features a panel or two of mine. Watusi recently encountered a familiar Funky Idiot in one of his strips and this historic meeting can finally be seen here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home