.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Three Day Weekend

Things I did over Labor Day weekend:

1. I did some housesitting for some friends who were out of town. Besides watching over the house, I took care of one cat, three dogs, six chickens, and assorted fish.

2. I did some work on my play, Two Guys and a Pearl. It will debut as part of the Halloween show, Chiller Thriller Theatre with Basil Q. Mylk-Bone, at the Farmland Center in October. I'm getting closer to the finish line with Two Guys and I'm very happy about that.

3. I broke my friends' futon.

4. I was attacked by a rooster.

5. After my friends came home (They were very understanding about the futon), we ate some pizza and watched some movies. One of the movies was Voyage to the Planet of Prehistoric Women which featured a robot named John, a few leaping lizard men, and narration by director Peter Bogdanovich. Lots of laughs!

6. I slept most of Labor Day away. Thankfully no nightmares about roosters.

7. Found out there's no word for "smile" in Latin.

8. I made a birthday card for my niece Madi who turned fourteen on Labor Day.

Who knows what new adventures will await me as I return to work on Tuesday!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home