.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Saturday, January 04, 2014

As of Now

The holidays are over. They were rather uneventful this year (To be honest, they are rather uneventful most years), but I had a good time celebrating with family and friends.


As I type this, a major snow storm is heading my way. Inches of snow and plenty of cold from the sounds of it. I really am not in the mood for a blizzard, but, then again, who is?

I’ve been off work for two weeks. It seems like I didn’t get much accomplished during my time off (Typical, typical...). I finally got my brakes fixed so I guess that counts for something. And I’m down to one comic book in my pull list over at Bob’s Comic Castle. That hasn’t happened in over a decade so I’m calling that an accomplishment, too!

I’m slightly disappointed “Draw Dollar Bill Day” didn’t get much traction. I guess very obscure Marvel supporting characters from the 1970s just don’t inspire the creative juices anymore! Thanks again to Dale Martin for making my day though!

We had a great audience for the last episode of Tom Cherry’s Old Time Radio Show. Doing the show with so many top notch folks continues to be a highlight for me every month. Looking forward to starting our third season in March!

After years of wanting to, but never doing it, I finally became a subscriber to The New Yorker. It usually takes me a month to read one issue so something tells me I’ll be reading a lot more in 2014.

I continue to be a big fan of the Total Drama cartoons especially their character designs. Just stating that for the record.

I was hoping to write a little wrap up of 2013, but it hasn’t happened yet. Overall it was a good year for me. Hoping 2014 is even better for us all!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like you're entering 2014 on a pretty good note (blizzard not withstanding). I need to take some time to look back at 2013 myself; I need to remind myself of the things I did manage to accomplish (the shortcomings, unfortunately, are always too much on my mind as it is)...

    By Blogger SmearySoapboxPress, at 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home