.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Friday, November 15, 2013

Fame! What a Feeling!

I liked something Sean Orlosky did on Facebook and this is my punishment. Here are five factoids about me. Since Mr. Orlosky will soon be rubbing elbows with Jane Powell and Robert Wagner on his TCM cruise, these factoids concern my own brushes with fame:

1. I was briefly a part of Tom "Eb from Green Acres" Lester's entourage. Judy Cole was his driver. I was his muscle (Okay, his flab). I think Mr. Lester thought Judy drove too fast. He later shared with us his impression of Pat Buttram. A nice man and a good time!

2. I saw Ed Begley Jr. eat a salad in Union City.

3. One of my prized possessions is a letter Charles Schulz sent me.

4. I won Carl Kasell's voice for my answering machine.

5. I once stood behind Jim Davis at a grocery store's checkout. Years later he sat behind me at a performance at the Muncie Civic Theatre. Despite our close relationship, he never did give me a job. What a bum!

And that's it! Go forth and prosper!


* This was originally a post on Facebook, but I liked it enough to post here, you lucky devils you!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Were you an on-air contestant on "Wait wait"? I'd love to try and track that down and listen to it on the archive...

    By Blogger SmearySoapboxPress, at 3:28 PM  

  • No, I wasn't. I actually won the prize by pledging during WAIT WAIT during a pledge drive at IPR (My local NPR affilate) a few years ago. My name was chosen among all the callers and I won Carl's voice!

    By Blogger Tom, at 12:32 PM  

  • Pretty cool all the same!

    By Blogger SmearySoapboxPress, at 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home