.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Four Days

Some brief thoughts about the past four days...

October 25: After weeks of rehearsal, God of Carnage opened at the Muncie Civic Studio Theatre! It actually felt more like a dress rehearsal than an opening night for some reason. I thought my performance felt wobbly and uncertain. Afterwards, I deemed it a "Lumpy Rutherford" and vowed to myself to aim for a "Ward Cleaver" the next night.

October 26: It was a super, busy, fun day! The radio gang knocked this month's episode of Tom Cherry's Old Time Radio Show out of the ballpark! It was our Halloween show that featured the classic "Chicken Heart" episode of Lights Out. Our soundman and soundwoman, Jerry and Judy Cole, out did themselves with the sound effects and everyone in the cast (Bob Green, Sean Heline, Linda Gilchrist, Wendy Carpenter, Missy Donahue, Jim Banta, and Rita Wessel) brought their "A" game to create a wonderful show for an enthusiastic audience! Already looking forward to recreating that magic for November's show!

As for Saturday night's performance of God of Carnage, we nailed it! It was a great show and a vast improvement over Friday night methinks. Hopefully we'll continue to grow as the run continues!

October 27: It was Sunday and I rested.

October 28: I auditioned for a radio version of Miracle on 34th Street that Indiana Public Radio will be producing in December. I thought it went rather well! Of course, I won't know that for a fact until the cast list is posted.

And that brings us up to date!

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Congrats on a busy, though productive time! Doing a radio show and a play on the same day seems like an astonishing accomplishment to me (considering I can't even manage to do a comic strip and a blog post in the same week)! I'll be sending good vibes your way for your "Miracle on 34th Street" role...

    By Blogger SmearySoapboxPress, at 12:20 AM  

  • Thanks as always, Dale! I just need to figure out how to add drawing/making comics into the mix and then I would really be happy!

    By Blogger Tom, at 6:01 AM  

  • Hopefully you get the gig to add some more miles to your performance reach!

    By Blogger Postmaster, at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home