.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Recent Comic Hauls (11/18/12 & 11/24/12)

Plankton
 
1963 Book Six: Tomorrow Syndicate
 
Herc #1
 
Jonny Quest #6
 
Jonny Quest #12
 
Legion of Super-Heroes #14
 
Popeye #7
 
Sergio Aragones Groo the Wanderer #54
 
SpongeBob Comics #14
 
The Goon #43
 
The Mighy Magnor #2
 
The Unwritten #43
 
The Walking Dead #104
 
30 Polypropylene Comic Book Bags
 
Purchased at Bob's Comic Castle. Total cost: $24.19
 
Note- Found some interesting things in the dollar bins. Bob had a decent amount of Groo back issues lurking around in the bins this past month and I was hoping to grab some more this week, but somebody snagged them all. Makes me wish I grabbed more when I had the chance. Oh, well! That's life in the bins!...This haul's winner was Popeye (An all Roger Langridge issue!) with Walking Dead coming up second. SpongeBob had the best cover.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • The old Comico Jonny Quest? Good stuff, those.

    By Blogger Postmaster, at 2:14 PM  

  • Yup! And yup!

    By Blogger Tom, at 2:19 AM  

  • Quite a haul! I missed the all-Langridge Popeye ... so now I've got something to hunt for! Fun!

    My latest back issue finds were a couple of issues of Star*Reach and the Captain Atom "Armageddon: The Alien Agenda" miniseries. I may regret reading that one, but at 4/$1 I couldn't pass it up...

    By Blogger SmearySoapboxPress, at 12:46 PM  

  • I think I have a couple of those issues of that Captain Atom miniseries in my collection. Not the greatest if I recall. In retrospect, Armageddon 2000 did a lot of damage to Captain Atom's character in the end. I was a big fan of his Cary Bates series and I don't think DC has done him any justice since those glory days. But, of course, I'm not a big fan of what they are doing with most of their characters nowadays!

    By Blogger Tom, at 2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home