.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Quitter

Maintaining the Status Quo: I had a strong urge to quit my job yesterday. No particular reason. I mean nobody yelled at me or told me what to do, but the meaningless nature of my job weighed upon me. Now I'm no stranger to this feeling. It visits me practically everyday I find myself at Touchy Feely Fotos, but it was stronger yesterday for some reason. To be honest, what I do for a living could be done by a well-trained chimp and I have the salary to prove it. Add that realization to all the mindless chatter that serves as the background noise to my workday existence and frustration quickly takes root. I fought the temptation to walk out though. My bills prevent me from taking that major step unfortunately. However, if this strong urge continues to occur, maybe it will finally serve as the spur to find a better job and dislodge myself from the photo trade. One can hope.

Reading: Dishwasher by Pete Jordan aka "Dishwasher Pete"

Album of the Moment: The Sophtware Slump, Grandaddy

The Number of Ketchup Packets I Received at Lunch Yesterday: Four

Lazybones: I have yet to write about trip to Austin. I really need to get on that.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home