.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Friday, June 02, 2017

My Comic Book Collection: Weird Mystery Tales (1996)

Weird Mystery Tales

I recently stumbled upon this small promotional comic book for DC Comics’ Weirdoverse line of books from 1996. I believe the Weirdoverse titles were DC’s attempt to reinsert some horror back into the DC Universe after Swamp Thing and his ilk fled to the Vertigo imprint. Characters from Night Force and Scare Tactics were featured in this ashcan.  As a fan of the original Night Force comic in the ‘80s, I happily sampled an issue or two of the rebooted effort, but I remember being underwhelmed by the book. I think I grabbed an issue of Scare Tactics from a dollar bin once. I wasn’t too impressed by that one either. I guess there’s a reason the Weirdoverse didn’t last that long.

Weird Mystery Tales belongs to DC Comics.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • So underwhelming an impact that I have absolutely no recollection of ever even hearing about this. And with a free comic, even!

    By Blogger Postmaster, at 6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home