.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hey, I Just Wrote This!

"Well, I told you all that Elmer is working for a bakery and I got me a job, too. I work as a secretary for Wyatt, Chambers, Simpson and DuBois. I still haven’t figured out what they all do there. They’re either lawyers or accountants or doctors or maybe all three. Nobody has ever really told me. I’m in the secretarial pool.

Now one of my favorite things in Nashville is riding the escalators at Harveys Department Store. I practically ride it every day at lunch. Up and down, up and down, up and down! It’s so relaxing. And I always enjoy the little flutter in my stomach when those moving stairs climb up to the second and third floors. It almost feels like I’m flying! It is certainly a sensation!

It’s different when you’re heading down though. No flutter, but I don’t mind because once I step foot on the first floor I practically race back to the other side to go up again. I could spend the entire day on those escalators. I guess that’s one of the reasons I’m always late getting back from lunch. I’ve been written up a couple times for that. I wonder if that’s why some of the girls say I’m the shallow end of the secretarial pool." - Loretta Swann

And I think I like it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home