.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Friday, March 01, 2013

The Year in Review (So Far)

Hey, let’s recap the last couple months!

January

This January wasn’t a great month to start the new year on. Things at work were slow and uncertain. Six hour days and often working four days a week meant I used up most of my PTO time (Paid Time Off, natch) to cover for my missing hours. Since my chances for working more hours rested on me remaining on second shift, I had to reluctantly drop out of the cast for The Odd Couple at the Muncie Civic. On the plus side, I did work on my first full length show, Swann Song, all through January with help from my friends, Jerry and Judy Cole. By the end of the month, Swann Song was completed.

February


Work has gradually picked up and things felt more hopeful for some reason. With Swann Song done, I have to admit I slacked off creatively with no minor or major project attempted. Fortunately, bad winter weather has spared us so far in East Central Indiana. I did get sick for a couple days just recently, but I feel fine at the moment.

March

Here’s some good things to look forward to: 1) Swann Song opens March 8 at the Farmland Center for a three week run and 2) Tom Cherry’s Old Time Radio Show returns on March 23! Now I just need to get started on some new radio scripts!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Things can only get better! If your income is reduced through lack of work, it's possible you could qualify for partial unemployment. Rules vary from state to state though, so I'm not sure of the specifics for your area.

    By Blogger Postmaster, at 7:36 AM  

  • Thanks for the info, Keith!

    By Blogger Tom, at 1:34 AM  

  • Sounds like you've packed a lot into a short period of time-- congrats, especially on Swann Song. I can't imagine how much work goes into a project like that!

    By Blogger SmearySoapboxPress, at 1:04 AM  

  • Thanks, Dale!

    By Blogger Tom, at 3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home