.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Saturday, September 22, 2007

It's Time to Match the Stars

Emmys: I don't know how it happened, but I ended up watching the big TV award show and it wasn't a bad way to kill ten hours (Seriously, it merely lasted six and a half). It was rather clunky in execution in some spots and, as to be expected, Ryan Seacrest was a banal host, but this year's winners were a fairly decent crop. Despite some disappointments (Sorry, Jenna! I was pulling for you!) and typical wrong-headedness (James Spader? Why?), I was pleased with most of the results. Any year that has Terry O'Quinn and Ricky Gervais winning a winged statuette is a pretty good year for the Emmys.

Mark Your Calendar: It looks like I'll be filming a reshoot this Sunday for the student film, Grove Lake. Better go press my overalls!

Reading: Triggerfish Twist by Tim Dorsey

End Game:


2007 continues to be a sad year for us Match Game fans. Earlier this summer, Charles Nelson Reilly signed off and now his partner-in-crime, Brett Somers, has followed suit. Part of Match Game's appeal for me was the bantering, battling relationship between those two panelists, sitting together on the top perch of that kitschy game show alter. They had good chemistry together. In fact, as a kid, I thought they were a married couple (Oh, the innocence of youth!). If there is a great Television City in the sky, I hope Chuck and Brett are sharing a good BLANK.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home