.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Theatre from the Past: A Midsummer Night's Dream (2006)

The Wall

Picasso at the Lapin Agile opens in five days (June 17! 8:00 pm!) at the Muncie Civic Studio Theatre (Get your tickets now!). In Picasso, I play Sagot, Picasso's art dealer. In 2006, I played a wall in the Muncie Civic's production of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

In this same interlude, it doth befall
That I, one Snout by name, present a wall;
And such a wall as I would have you think
That had in it a crannied hole or chink,
Through which the lovers, Pyramus and Thisbe,
Did whisper often, very secretly.
This loam, this rough-cast, and this stone doth show
That I am that same wall; the truth is so.
And this the cranny is, right and sinister,
Through which the fearful lovers are to whisper.

~ William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I don't know about the cranny, but that wall looks pretty sinister.

    By Blogger Postmaster, at 5:48 AM  

  • My face does look rather intense for some reason. I actually played Snout as a nervous dullard.

    By Blogger Tom, at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home