.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Thursday, March 01, 2012

My Comic Book Collection: Sugar and Spike #68

Sugar and Spike #68 (1966)
 
I really should throw this away. The cover has tears, wrinkles, and a scribble from a blue ballpoint. It's missing some pages. Someone actually cut out half a page (Perhaps for the pint-size, do-it yourself X-Mas cards?) and three pieces of tape appear to be holding the book together. It looks like somebody stepped on it and gave it to a small dog as a chew toy. However, it's the only issue of Sugar and Spike I own and I'm keeping it.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Spike cleaned up that Christmas. Batman, Robin, and a Batmobile!

    By Anonymous Nik Havert, at 9:28 AM  

  • Looks good to me-- I think all of my Sugar and Spikes are coverless! I still don't know why DC hasn't collected them; a Showcase collection would sell like hotcakes, even just in black and white...

    By Blogger SmearySoapboxPress, at 10:55 AM  

  • I like Sugar & Spike a lot! I have a bunch of the issues, including some of the digest reprints. There IS a hardcover reprint out from DC. Volume 1 was released last September.

    By Blogger Postmaster, at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home