.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Friday, June 08, 2012

Tragedy Tomorrow?

The more I think about my character, Erronius, the more I'm convinced that A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum is really a tragedy for him.

Let's look at the facts: His children are kidnapped by pirates. He spends years and years abroad searching for them and returns to Rome empty handed. Physically, emotionally and financially drained, the old man hopes to find solace in "the comfort of his lonely house". However, he is deprived of this pleasure by two conmen and then sent on another wild goose chase. Of course, he does find happiness in the end, but something tells me his happy heart gives out right after the finale and he dies while his loved ones skip away with their significant others.


Comedy tonight my ass!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home