.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Tom Cherry Experience

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Weekly Reader

Two Weeks Ago

I was at S.P.A.C.E with John Oak Dalton and we spent our hard earned cash on a bundle of small press offerings, ranging form minicomics to digests and everything in between. I met and talked with some talented folks including Larned Justin, Rafer Roberts, Pat Lewis, Kel Crum, Nik Havert, Jim Rugg, Suzanne Baumann, Matt Feazell, and, one of my heroes, Pam Bliss. Besides buying the newest work from my favorite creators (See the list in the previous sentence), I also bought a few books from some folks who were completely new to me (My two favorite finds were Dutchy Digest by Steven Hager and Bruce Rosenberger Nau and Jack and Zack Make a Comic by Ryan Dow). I wish I was able to buy at least one comic from everybody who exhibited, but unfortunately that wasn’t financially feasible!


I had a great time at the show and I think John did, too! I definitely think we might be back next year and maybe with a table of our own!


WOCKA WOCKA! The talented Stevie Hahn and some familiar fat guy

One Week Ago

We successfully wrapped up the opening weekend for Parlor Songs and Piano Rolls, a dinner theatre cabaret at The Farmland Cultural Center. The show is focused on the music from The Gilded Age and the turn of the 20th century with some vaudeville sketches and tableaus thrown in for good measure. Besides myself, the cast includes Julie Barber, Stevie Hahn, Rita Wessel, Linda Gilchrist, Jerry and Judy Cole, and our maestro, Darrin Murrell. It’s a fun show with amazing people and there’s great food, too!

Don’t miss out! Our next performances are on May 14-16 and May 28-29! For more info or to make your reservations, just call 765-468-7631 or go to http://www.farmlandindiana.org/!

At The Moment

I’m proofreading what I just wrote (You know, those paragraphs up above) and I’m about to upload this on to my blog for the world to see (All seven of you)!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Still, I have to wait for the road tour to come to Maine. Monmouth's got a good little theater...

    By Blogger Postmaster, at 8:47 AM  

  • I wish we were touring! Maybe we will once Farmland gets tired of us!

    By Blogger Tom, at 5:39 PM  

  • Thanks for all the goodies from SPACE - you forgot to mention the most awesome SPACE comic, tho ... your own new issue of "Nibble"!

    - dale.

    By Blogger SmearySoapboxPress, at 11:00 PM  

  • You're too kind, Dale! I hope you enjoyed the SPACE artifacts!

    By Blogger Tom, at 2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home